2015年1月24日土曜日

BR2-13:Amelia Bedelia

"All he cared about was having her there to make lemon-meringue pie."(P64)
I am going to introduce about this book. There was a housekeeper named Amelia. She has a mischievous nature. She got a memo. It was written that she must to do. It was written “Change the towels in the green bath room.” “Dust the furniture.” “Draw the drapes when the sun comes in.” “Put the lights out when you finish in the living room.” “Measure two cup of rice” “Please trim the fat.” “Please dress the chicken.” Do you know these all mean? If you were housekeeper, you can do faithfully? Maybe I’m not sure. She confused these mean and she took a lot of mistakes. For example, it was written “Draw the drapes” but she drew the drape’s picture. It is fun. As a result, she could not her all works rightly. I could study English when I read this book. When the family came home and looked her works, they got angry. But her baked lemon meringue pie was made them happy. Amelia could not understand the verb. She is so cute. I think it is read by children in English and Japanese people as me. I recommend you this book too.
194/9048



Parish Peggy(1963),Amelia Bedelia,United States of America

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿